Friday, July 24, 2009

Beadboard


My window seat







Velvet and Linen


















Cobi Ladner H&H Canada















Linda Banks










Nantucket beadboard












Nantucket beadboard











Nantucket beadboard













Nantucket beadboard















My ceiling














Nantucket beadboard
Click








Nantucket beadboard








I wanted to gather all the beautiful photos of beadboard that inspire me , I wanted to keep them in one place easy to find enjoy and to share and inspire.
I have often opted for wainscoting to save money , as beadboard can be a lot more costly .
There are many options , you can use sheets painted or unpainted ,not my favorite as they are hard to cut and awkward to work with but they are quick , one downside is obvious seams
Mdf sections which have a nice profile but chip easily on the edges when installing ,downside is that they are costly .
My favorite type is real wood ,tongue and groove it is easy to cut and to work with , and for me there is nothing nicer than painted wood beadboard the down side is that they need shellac primer to seal knots but it is well worth the effort to get the end result.
You can use beadboard for accents in stairwells, ceilings and backsplashes or for full walls , it is always a classic and beautiful choice.

















No comments: