Thursday, December 11, 2014

dining room final reveal

 I am so happy to say this...the dining room makeover is complete...oh my I'm lying I still have to finish the crazy amazing crown moulding but that is for the spring.
For now here is my new dining room...
 Nightime shot right after we moved the furniture and wine fridge in, it was fun to just sit back and enjoy all my hard work.

It's time to plan a dinner to christen this room, what do I make???
We really need to get some wine and soon no one wants an empty wine fridge, I drink Pinot Grigio and Sweet sparkling wine just in case you are wondering or want to donate.

 I put in a wood register I finished just like the floors, I need a whole lot more like this, it makes such a huge difference over the stark white plastic ones.
Here is the before, this is how it looked right before we moved in, plus some cheap carpet.
 Right after we moved in this room was our staging/storage area for months.
 This all has come a long way from when I dry fit our fridge...I am sure some people wondered how this all was going to turn out.

It was sad to see this pine floor go under a coat or two of stain but it was the right thing to do, it's so nice to see how one room flows into another seamlessly...I love my dark stained floors.

Thanks for joining me during this long journey...I am very glad it is over and I am happy so happy with how it turned out, even better than I had even dreamt it would, it was a whole lot of work and I want to say a thank you to all who followed on instagram for all my daily updates and encouraged me ever step of the way, it made the journey so much more enjoyable.

One more thing I want to mention, big congratulations to Mel of  Broadview Heights blog who won the Scentsicles giveaway...

Thanks for stopping by, cheers for now...Chris

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

A local gem Heritage Harvest Tables

 I am contemplating making or getting a larger round table for the new dining room when I came across a wonderful local craftsman. This table stopped me in my tracks. I made an appointment to go see the showroom the next day.
I took a short drive outside of our city where I found the most beautiful showroom and tables around... Heritage Harvest Tables where Ken and Karen are a great team turning out beautiful classic tables.
 I know you all will just love this barn door built using real authentic red barn board...isn't it stunning?
 I would really love to have this table in my kitchen I think it would be a beautiful centerpiece for our kitchen.
 So many beautiful solid tables....they were recently featured in Style at Home in a High Low article,
So if you are looking for a new table I would suggest checking out their website and check them out. I really think it is always a good choice to shop and support local businesses like this.
Although I am still not sure if I am going to get a new table or use the one we have I would certainly have this business on the top of my list for when and if I do decide to buy a new table...

This is not a sponsored post & there are no affiliate links.

Monday, December 8, 2014

Dining room built ins...are complete

I am so happy to say that the built in project and dining room project as far as the permanent changes are all complete...well there are a few minor paint touch ups but that is it...and I will admit I love feels like Christmas morning and I couldn't be more thrilled.

The floors are all stained Kona and top coated three we wait three dayd for the full cure to move furnture back in to the room. 

 Although I have to wait to move the table and chairs in I didn't have to wait to put my pretty things on the shelves...I thought I would have a lot of shopping to do to fill the shelves turns out I had more than enough that has been always hidden away that I can finally display and enjoy.
 I am going to have to buy a lot of wine for the wine fridge though...can I please put it in already, I am dying to see it in place.

I am trying to decide if the room can handle a 60" round , until I decide I will put our 48" table and four chairs in on Wednesday 3:00pm  

Let's just go back 7 weeks to the sad state this room was in...I am so happy to get my life back...this poor house needs a deep clean thanks to this renovation...gotta grab a new furnace filter...don't forget to change those after a big messy project.
I can't believe I get to enjoy this room never mind that I created it too....sometimes I amaze myself...